Kale Chips are perfect for guilt-free snacking or as a creative garnish for your favourite dishes. They’re a testament to the magic of spices, turning a simple leafy green into a crunchy and flavourful treat that’s hard to resist. Enjoy these kale chips as a healthier alternative to traditional snacks and experience the power of spice-infused goodness!
On Salt Spring we can grow kale year-round so there is always a good supply for this quick, nutritious snack. Our favourites are BBQ & Roast Rub, Monsoon Tandoori, Arabian Baharat, Monsoon Balti or Durban Curry for a hot version.
Monsoon Coast Kale Chips
- 1 bunch Kale
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 °F degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the large vein from the kale. Tear into bite size bits and wash well. Dry in a salad spinner or pat dry with a clean tea towel.1 bunch Kale
- Place olive oil, Monsoon Coast blend and salt into a large bowl. Mix until combined.4 tbsp olive oil, Salt
- Add the kale and toss until coated. You may want to use your fingers to rub the oil evenly into the leaves.
- Spread kale evenly over baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Stir a few times to ensure they don’t burn.