A gourmet appetizer or side dish that celebrates the beauty of seasonal produce and the art of spice blending. Whether served as an elegant appetizer at a dinner party or as a unique addition to your menu, Stuffed Squash Blossoms are a culinary delight.
Squash Blossoms Stuffed with Cheese and Ras el Hanout
- Sauté spring onion or scallion in olive oil until soft. Cool.¼ cup Spring onions or Scallions
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, onions, Aleppo pepper, a squeeze of lime and Ras el Hanout. Season with salt as preferred.½ cup Aged gouda, ½ cup Bread crumbs, 1 tsp Ras el Hanout, ½ tsp Aleppo Pepper, ½ Lime
- Stuff each blossom with 1 teaspoon stuffing mixture. Twist top of blossom to close.12 squash blossoms
- Dip stuffed blossom in a bowl of flour, then in another bowl of beaten egg, then a third bowl of breadcrumbs or panko.½ cup Flour, 1 whole Egg, ½ cup Breadcrumbs or panko
- Shallow fry blossom in medium hot oil on each side for 1 minute until golden brown.
- Serve with a fresh salsa or yoghurt mint sauce.