Perfect as an appetizer, a main course, or even as a flavourful addition to salads or pasta. Spicy Zesty Prawns deliver a burst of bold and zesty flavours served with a mouth cooling dip.
Spicy Zesty Prawns
For the Marinade
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Ginger grated
- 1 tsp lime zest grated
- 2 tbsp lime juice fresh
- salt to taste
- In a bowl mix together the ingredients for the marinade. Add the prawns and toss well to coat. You can refrigerate for an hour or two or let sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.1 lb Prawns, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lime juice, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp Brown Sugar, 2 tsp BBQ and Roast Rub, 2 tsp Monsoon Coast Adobo Seco, 2 tsp Jamaican Jerk Rub
- Mix together the ingredients for the dipping sauce and refrigerate.⅔ cup mayonnaise, 2 tbsp Ginger, 1 tsp lime zest, 2 tbsp lime juice, salt
- When ready to serve, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. add a bit of olive oil and butter.More oil and a little butter for frying
- Add ½ the prawns (you don’t want to crowd them). Sauté for 1-2 minutes until they start to turn pink. Turn and cook another minute until done. Remove and repeat with the second half of the prawns.
- You can also skewer and grill on the BBQ for 1 minute per side.
- Serve hot with the dipping sauce.