Memphis Style Ribs are a barbecue lover’s dream, whether enjoyed at a backyard cookout or a family gathering. They’re a culinary journey to the heart of barbecue country, where each bite tells the story of the rich and flavourful traditions of Memphis. Savour these ribs and experience the mouthwatering taste of authentic Southern barbecue!
Our preference is for smaller Baby Back Ribs, but they can be hard to find on Salt Spring Island so we usually just pick up regular back ribs. If you know your butcher, get him/her to cut the rack in half lengthwise for nice appetizer size portions of ribs.
Memphis Style Ribs
- 1 rack Pork back ribs about 1 pound
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 4 tsp BBQ and Roast Rub
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- ¼-½ cup BBQ Sauce Optional
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Remove membrane from back of ribs and rub both sides with vegetable oil.1 rack Pork back ribs
- Combine BBQ Rub, salt and sugar.4 tsp BBQ and Roast Rub, 1 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- Rub evenly into both sides of ribs.1 tbsp Oil
- Place on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Cook 2.5 – 3 hours until tender. You can also grill on the BBQ using indirect heat.
- If desired during the last 15 minutes of cooking, place over direct heat of the BBQ and brush with your favourite BBQ sauce¼-½ cup BBQ Sauce