This aromatic rice preparation is an exquisite blend of long-grain basmati rice infused with a medley of aromatic spices.
Fragrant Jeweled Rice
- Place a small sauce pan or rice pot over medium heat. Add ghee or oil.2 tsp Ghee or Olive Oil
- Add Bengali Panch Phoron. Bloom spices in oil for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and popping.1 tsp Bengali Panch Phoron
- add the rice and stir to coat.1 cup Basmati Rice
- Add Moghul Curry and salt. Cook 1 more minute1 tsp Moghul Curry, 1 tsp Salt
- Add hot water. Once the water starts to simmer reduce heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes.1⅓-1½ cups Hot Water
- Fluff with a fork and cook a bit longer if not all the water is yet absorbed. Rice will be fragrant and bright yellow.