Our Tandoori Salmon is a delectable main course that’s perfect for special occasions or weeknight dinners when you’re craving bold flavours of tandoori seasoning. This recipe features salmon fillets coated in a vibrant blend of yogurt and aromatic spices, then grilled to perfection.
- 1 Large Fillet of salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 tsp Monsoon Tandoori
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- ¼ cup Yogurt full fat plain
- Lemon slices
- Heat olive oil in a small fry pan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.2 tbsp olive oil, 3 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp ginger
- Add the Monsoon Tandoori. Stir to combine and cook another minute. Add lemon juice and salt and take off heat.2 tsp Monsoon Tandoori, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp salt
- When spice mixture is cool enough, mix with yoghurt in a bowl.¼ cup Yogurt
- Using a sharp knife lightly score the salmon 2″ apart about 1/2″ deep.1 Large Fillet of salmon
- Rub salmon thoroughly with the spice yoghurt mixture and right into the slits. let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roast salmon for 9 minutes. Check for doneness if meat flakes easily. If not done, return to oven and roast 2 more minutes and recheck. (Usually needs 10-12 minutes per inch of thickness)
- Serve with a wedge of lemon, Rice or a garden fresh salad.Lemon slices, Herbs
- Also great served with our Kerala Chaunk Green beans.