A celebration of flavours and textures that invites you to savour the enchanting tastes of Morocco. Our Rack of Lamb with Tomato Mint Sauce is the perfect dish for special occasions or when you want to treat yourself to an exotic culinary experience.
Moroccan Lamb with Tomato Mint Sauce
For the spice rub:
- 8 bone Rack of Lamb trimmed of excess fat and cut into 2 halves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Mint chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 2 tsp Moroccan La Kama
- Salt to taste
For the sauce:
- Roast lamb drippings
- ¼ cup Red Wine
- ¼ cup Tomato Sauce smooth
- ½ tsp sugar (to balance acidity)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp butter cold
- 1 tbsp Mint chopped
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped
- salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- A few hours before cooking, combine olive oil, mint, parsley, Moroccan La Kama and salt in a small bowl.4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp Mint, 2 tbsp Parsley, 2 tsp Moroccan La Kama, Salt
- Rub each half of the lamb rack with the spice mixture. let marinate in the fridge for a few hours.8 bone Rack of Lamb
- Remove lamb from fridge 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place lamb racks halves with the bone sides facing one another in a roasting pan and roast about 15 minutes for rare, 20 for medium rare and 25 for medium. Remove lamb from pan and let rest covered on a plate.
Prepare the sauce:
- Remove roast drippings from pan and into a sauce pan over medium heat. (remove excess fat)Roast lamb drippings
- Once hot, Deglaze with red wine. Cook until reduced in half.¼ cup Red Wine
- Add tomato sauce and sugar. Cook until reduced in half.¼ cup Tomato Sauce, ½ tsp sugar
- Add stock, cook until reduced in half again and you have a nice thick sauce that coats the back of a metal spoon.1 cup chicken stock
- Add cold butter in small pieces while whisking to finish your sauce.2 tbsp butter
- Add mint, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and keep warm.1 tbsp Mint, 1 tbsp Parsley, salt, Black Pepper
- Serve lamb racks with Sauce and Moroccan glazed carrots.