A delightful and flavourful fish dish that brings together the rich, earthy flavours of Zaatar-crusted Arctic char with a creamy, zesty lemony butter bean mash. The char fillets are generously coated with a blend of aromatic zaatar spice, providing a harmonious combination of herbs and spices. Featuring velvety, mashed butter beans infused with fresh lemon juice, garlic, and herbs. The citrusy, garlicky undertones complement the zaatar’s bold flavors and create a delightful balance. This recipe is not only a feast for the taste buds but also a visual delight with its vibrant colours and textures.
Zaatar Crusted Arctic Char with Lemony Butter Bean Mash
- 1 fillet Arctic Char
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Black Sesame Seeds optional
- 1 tbsp Zaatar
- 2 cloved Garlic crushed
- Salt to taste
Butter Bean Mash
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Lemon Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups butter beans cooked | or other white bean
- 1 tsp Thyme Fresh - Optional
- 1 squeeze Lemon Juice
- Mix olive oil, sesame, zaatar, garlic and salt to rub over char.1 fillet Arctic Char, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp Black Sesame Seeds, 1 tbsp Zaatar, 2 cloved Garlic, Salt
- Roast fish at 400℉ for 10-12 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile Make beans: sauté garlic and lemon zest in butter. Add beans and sauté a couple of minutes. Add thyme. Cook until mixed. Mash roughly with a potato masher andSeason and add lemon. Add water if too thick.2 cloves Garlic, 1 Lemon Lemon Zest, 2 tbsp butter, 1.5 cups butter beans, 1 tsp Thyme, 1 squeeze Lemon Juice
- To serve, spoon beans on plate. place fish on top. (Serve slaw or greens on side if any).