Chimichurri is a zesty and herbaceous sauce that adds a burst of vibrant flavour to a variety of dishes. Its bright and tangy profile makes it the perfect companion for grilled meats, seafood, vegetables, or as a drizzle over rice or pasta. It’s a versatile sauce that adds a delightful and refreshing kick to your favourite dishes.
You can also serve as part of a mezze spread or as a condiment with our Lamb Kofta with Arabian Baharat, or Moroccan Tajine with Ras el Hanout.
- 6-8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 lemon lemon juice
- 2-6 tsp Tunisian Harissa or
- 2-6 tsp Rose Harissa
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds toasted in dry pan (optional)
- ⅔ cup Cilantro medium fine chop
- ⅔ cup flat leaf parsley medium fine chop
- ⅔ cup mint medium fine chop
- 6 whole Green Onions chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup capers
- ¼ cup Sweet Red Pepper in small dice
- 2 stalks celery in small dice
- salt to taste
- Mix olive oil, garlic, lemon and Tunisian or Rose Harissa into a paste. The amount of oil you use is dependent on the amount of Harissa (6 tsp of Harissa would be hot)6-8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 4 cloves garlic, 1 lemon lemon juice, 2-6 tsp Tunisian Harissa, 2-6 tsp Rose Harissa
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix. Adjust seasoning if needed.1½ tsp cumin seeds, ⅔ cup Cilantro, ⅔ cup flat leaf parsley, ⅔ cup mint, 6 whole Green Onions, ½ cup Kalamata olives, ¼ cup capers, ¼ cup Sweet Red Pepper, 2 stalks celery, salt
- You can refrigerate for a few hours before serving, with the occasional stirring, to allow the flavours to mingle.
- Can keep refrigerated for a few days.