This was a great hit at the Salt Spring Island Market when we first started blending Thai Midnight Tea.
SPICE SCIENCE: The blue butterfly pea flower infusion changes colour with pH changes, e.g. by adding lemon juice, turning more and more purple as acidity increases.
Midnight Iced Tea Lemonade
- 8 cups Water 2 litres
- 27 g Thai Midnight Tea 2-3 tbsp
- 1-1.5 cup White Sugar to taste
- 2 cups Lemon Juice about 10-12 lemons
- In a large pot add water and Thai Midnight Tea. Bring to a boil on high heat.27 g Thai Midnight Tea, 8 cups Water
- Once boiling, lower heat, cover, and simmer for 18 minutes. You want to have a rolling slow simmer so not too gentle.
- Strain liquid in big bowl using a double fine sieve.
- Add sugar and a sprinkle of salt and stir well until completely dissolved.1-1.5 cup White Sugar
- Add lemon juice and stir well.2 cups Lemon Juice
- Cool on the counter then refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with lemon slices and ice cubes or blue ice cubes made with Thai Midnight Tea.