Indulge in this decadent dessert that will leave your guests craving seconds. Don’t hesitate to explore new techniques, such as using a hot water bath when preparing the pot de crème; you’ll appreciate the results! If you wish, transform it into a Crème Brûlée by dusting with berry sugar and caramelizing it with a torch before serving.
Chai Pot de Crème
- 2 tbsp Railway Chai Rounded
- 1 cup Milk Whole
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 5 Egg Yolks Large
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pistachios or Almonds Chopped
- Cinnamon Ground
- Preheat oven to 325°F and heat some water for a shallow water bath.
- Lightly crush the chai spices in a mortar and pestle or with the back of a spoon. Place crushed spices in a sauce pan over medium-low heat with milk and whipping cream. Gently heat and stir occasionally until you see a gentle simmer. Remove from heat, cover and let infuse for 10-15 minutes.2 tbsp Railway Chai, 1 cup Milk, 2 cups whipping cream
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl for 2 minutes. Strain the chai-infused cream, and pour it gradually into the egg mixture while constantly whisking. Pour it slowly at first, then more quickly so you don’t cook the egg yolks. Stir in the vanilla and salt.5 Egg Yolks, 1/2 cup Sugar, 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, 1/4 tsp Salt
- Once the cream is incorporated into the yolks, divide it equally into six 6-oz ramekins. Cover each ramekin with a square of foil to prevent a crust from forming.
- Place ramekins into a deep 9 x 13 pan and place in the warm oven. Next, add 1″ hot (not boiling) water to the bottom of the pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the cream sets but jiggles a little in the middle. Don’t worry they will set more after cooling.
- Once set, remove the tray carefully from the oven so you don’t splash any hot water around. Remove ramekins from water bath onto a cooling rack to cool. When cool enough, place in the fridge to set completely.
- Before serving sprinkle the top with crushed nuts and a little ground cinnamon.Pistachios or Almonds, Cinnamon
- Serve to your guests then sit back and enjoy the accolades!