Our Chai Ice Cream is a delightful frozen treat that combines the aromatic spices of Railway chai with the creamy goodness of vanilla ice cream. It’s a fusion of flavours that offers a refreshing and indulgent experience, perfect for those who love the warmth of chai and the coolness of ice cream.
Chai Ice Cream
- Crush the Chai spices slightly with a mortar and pestle2 tbsp Railway Chai
- Place water in a small pot and add the Chai spices. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer 15-20 minutes. Stirring once or twice.1 cup Water
- Remove from heat, add the Assam tea, cover and let steep for 4 minutes. Strain Chai into a measuring cup, add 2 tsp raw sugar and stir to dissolve. You should have about ½ cup of Chai.1 tsp Organic Assam Tea, 2 tsp Raw Sugar
- In a large bowl beat egg yolks and ¾ cup white sugar on medium speed until thick and pale yellow (2-3 minutes).4 Egg Yolks, 3/4 cup White Sugar
- In a medium saucepan heat the milk and cream over medium heat until small bubbles begin to form on the surface. (about 160°F, 5-10 minutes).2 cups Milk
- Temper the egg yolk mixture by whisking in the milk/cream mixture a little at a time until it is all combined. Return mixture to the pot, add a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens slightly (about 10-12 minutes). Remove from the heat, stir in Chai and vanilla.1 pinch kosher salt, 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract, 1 cup whipping cream
- Prepare an ice bath and cool mixture to room temperature in the ice bath. Chill mixture for a couple of hours in the fridge until you are ready to make the ice cream.
- Follow ice cream maker directions to freeze.